I think these mini purses made with punches are just adorable, and so I decided to make a tutorial to show you how to make them yourselves, while I know they are pretty easy, I did one anyways!!
Round Tab Punch
Large Oval Punch
Small Oval Punch
Paper piercer, and matpack to make the brad hole(optional)
1. First we will make the handle of the purse, to do this you need to punch the small oval punch into your choice of paper. Then using the large oval punch align the large oval so that the small oval that you punched is in the middle of the large oval that you are about to punch. This in essence makes an oval frame.
2. Punch out a round tab punch shape using the paper of your choice, this is the base of your purse and can be punched in patterned paper, or stamped with a pattern.
3. Punch out a small oval punch shape using the paper of your choice, you could make this the same color of your handle, as you have already punched one of them, or you can punch it out of another color.
4. Here are all 3 shapes that you need to complete the purse.
5. Fold the round tab shape in half.
6. Fold the small oval in half.
7. Straddle the small folded oval over the folded round tab punch, glue the two together.
8. Put the Oval handle that you made in step 1 behind the purse and glue to the back.
9. Using the matpack, and paper piercer, pierce a hole just at the bottom of the small oval to attach the brad. Attach the brad and fold the ends of the brad to secure it.
10. Adhere the purse to your card!
Lets see your purses!!!
**Additional Tip From Judy Hopping...
When I played with making the purses and found that if for some reason you don't want the handle to show on the back of the purse - adhere your punched oval piece to the round tab piece ( but don't glue the round tab piece to itself yet), then cut a little slit at the fold on the round tab piece (cut to the oval piece). Then manipulate your handle around the round tab piece into the slits and then the bottom part of the handle is inside the purse as you glue the round tab piece together.
Thanks Judy for the great tip!! I would so do it this way if i was using the little purse as a gift tag, then you can write on the back without having to write on the handle!!